Content Awards: Best Online Content Service of the Year
A host of video-on-demand, streaming and gaming services have been launched by broadcasters and new independent market entrants. This award recognised the biggest advances and innovations in online content services. The award is open to any online video service provider or any broadcaster with an online video-on-demand or catch-up service or gaming / music service. Services entered must be consumer-focused and delivered over the internet.
Either the app or services should have been launched somewhere in the world, or significantly updated, between 1st September 2012 and 1st June 2012.
Judging criteria for both awards will include:
- The nature and quality of content accessible via the app/service
- Innovative features
- Compatible hardware and role of the app in a multi-screen strategy
- Quality of the user interface/ease-of-use/overall user experience
- Distribution strategy
- Target demographics/size of potential audience
- Number of downloads / viewers
- Utilisation of the application / service
- Social media / social TV integration