Connected Consumer Awards: Connected Mobile Device of the Year
Portable devices are an essential part of the day-to-day life of billions of people around the world. This award seeks to identify the most innovative portable connected device with multi-media capabilities including smartphones, tablets, hybrids and other small portable devices.
The device must have been launched somewhere in the world between 1st September 2012 and 1st June 2013.
Judging criteria will include:
- Innovative features of the device
- Online services included in the consumer proposition
- Benefits of any online services to content creators
- Take-up of associated online services by consumers
- Take-up of associated online services by content creators
- Quality of the user interface/ease-of-use/overall user experience
- Reaction of consumers – eg level of sales - and critics to the device
- Business model – relative importance of device sales and service revenues
- Unexpected outcomes from offering services through the device